Is Your Motherboard Failing?
How do you know if your motherboard is failing? It's a tough one and there are many other component and software issues that should be eliminated before resorting to motherboard repair or replacement. Even then, a motherboard generally works, or it doesn't BUT there are a few things to keep an eye on.
Here are a few things to look out for if you suspect your motherboard is on its way out.
1. Boot failures: errors, blue screens, partial boots and then subsequent shut downs.
2. Increased freezing: your computer will freeze for no apparent reason.
3. Connected devices don't work: devices that previously were working fine while connected will no longer respond.
4. Smelling burning or odours: overheating can damage components.
5. Drops: drops can physically damage or shock components.
6. Age: your computer / motherboard may just be at the end of its life cycle.
If you suspect your motherboard may be failing, bring your computer down to us immediately and we will run a proper diagnosis of the issues at hand. If the motherboard is indeed the culprit, we specialize in board component repair or replacement.
To speak to us about all your computer repair needs, come see us in-store at 1257 Marine Drive in North Vancouver or give us a call at 604-986-986-7680.
For more information about us, our products and services visit our website at www.conceptcomputers.ca.
Now offering website design! Visit www.conceptwebdesign.ca for details.