What to Do if your Game Won't Run
So you heard about a new game, waited patiently while it downloaded, fired it up.... crash. WTF??? Try again... crash. Enter frustration station. Sound familiar? What to do when a game won't run on your system? Here are a few things to check:
1. Check the minimum required specs for the game - this can usually be found on the site you purchased it from. If you don't know your system's specs, type "system information" in your start menu's search bar and have a look at the system summary and through the components menus. Be sure your computer meets the minimum requirements or it will not run properly.
2. Close any non-essential open programs that may be bogging down your system; depending on your system and the game, you may be pushing the limits of what your computer can do
3. Try pausing your antivirus software - not something we normally recommend, but at times your antivirus program can interfere with safe programs
4. Update drivers - type "check for updates" in your start menu's search bar and keep updating until it says everything is up to date
5. Run the game client as an administrator - right click on the client icon from your desktop or taskbar and select "run as administrator" then restart the game
6. Restart your computer - hey, you never know!
7. Call us
To speak to us about all your gaming needs, come see us in-store at 1257 Marine Drive or give us a call at 604-986-7680.
For more information about us, our products and services visit www.conceptcomputers.ca.
Now offering website design services! Visit www.conceptwebdesign.ca for details.