So you're pretty good about saving your work are you? Data loss isn't much of a worry? Think again.
Here are some of the most common ways to lose those precious files:
- Accidentally deleting files: it happens to the best of us. One minute you're happily typing along, you think you're finished, you save it and WHAAAAAT??? Where did the rest of your document go? Somewhere along the way, instead of highlighting a word, you highlighted a paragraph, or worse, a page, didn't notice and typed over it. This can happen to files or folders and it is can be devastating!
- Crashed hard drive: hard drives fail when you least expect it. Sometimes they give you little hints that you may not know you should be aware of, other times they go unexpectedly. Even new hard drives are subject to hard drive malfunction.
- Spilled a drink on your laptop: liquids and electronics (yes, that includes your hard drive) are not friends. If this happens, immediately turn your computer off, keep it open and upside down overnight and then take it to a qualified computer repair shop
- computer power failure: improper shutdown can damage components and result in loss of data, especially if unsaved.
- Viruses: computer viruses and malware are ubiquitous and can both thieve and destroy data
- dropped laptop: dropping a laptop or hard drive can seriously damage the moving components in your system, affecting your ability to retrieve them.
Luckily, Concept Computers staff are data recovery experts!
To speak to us about our data recovery services, come see us in-store at 1257 Marine Drive in North Vancouver or give us a call at 604-986-7680.
For more information about us, our products and services, visit our website at www.conceptcomptuers.ca.
Now offering website design services! Visit conceptwebdesign.ca for details.
keywords: computers north vancouver, computers vancouver, computers burnaby, computers new west, data recovery specialist, hard drive failure, computer repair