How to Prevent Your Site From Being Hacked
You've built a great website with the help of Concept Computers expert skills, but how do you keep your site from being hacked? Here are a few simple tips to keep your site secure:
1. Keep your software up to date - super simple and obvious, but often a major point of attack. Software updates often include security patches, so hackers can find their way in easier if your software is not up to date.
2. Use complex passwords - we love password managers! You know those annoying passwords with a bunch of random upper and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols? A password manager will allow you to use those, and varying ones for all purposes AND manage it with one password of your choosing.
3. Use HTTPS - this uses a protocol that ensures users are interacting with the intended server (not a hacker), and that no one can intercept their data.
4. Use SSL certificates - if you are taking any sort of payment on your site, this security protocol is a must! You can easily get one, they are not too expensive and well worth the peace of mind.
5. Avoid file uploads - allowing users to upload files can be a great way to interact with your clients, but it also provides easy access for hackers to upload a script that could open up your site to dodgy activities
Want a little help? We can do that!
To speak to us about all your web design needs come see us in-store at 1257 Marine Drive in North Vancouver or phone 604-986-7680.
For more information about our web design services, visit www.conceptcomputers.ca/website-design.
Concept Web Design is part of the Concept Computers family.
keywords: web design north vancouver, web design vancouver, web design burnaby, web design new west, how to prevent your site from being hacked, how to keep my website secure, how to prevent hackers on my website, website security, website hackers