What to do When Your Computer Freezes
What is the best thing to do if your computer freezes?
1. Wait - give your computer a second to catch up and see if it resolves itself, especially if you are performing a task that is particularly demanding on your CPU
2. Check your mouse batteries or connection - if your mouse is not working properly, your computer can APPEAR frozen, when it is in fact not
3. CTRL + ALT + DEL - this combination of keys will bring up your task manager which will allow you to either close the offending program, or close some of the extraneous programs/extensions which may be bogging down your CPU
4. Reboot and retry - a hard reset is not ideal, but can sometimes be necessary. Remember to save-often but if you didn't there are recovery options you can try.
5. Run an virus scan
6. Check for overheating - your machine will feel hot, in which case your thermal paste may need replacing or your machine may need cleaning (we can help with this!)
7. Uninstall and reinstall any recent driver updates
If that doesn't work, give us a call! Our experienced technicians will run diagnostics and provide you with recommended next steps.
To speak to us about all your computer health needs, come see us in-store at 1257 Marine Drive in North Vancouver or give us a call at 604-986-7680.
For more information about us, our products and services, visit our website at www.conceptcomptuers.ca.
Now offering website design services! Visit conceptcomputers.ca for details.
#conceptcomputers #comptuersnorthvancouver #computersvancouver #computersburnaby #computersnewwest #computersales #computerservice #computersupport #computerrepair #frozencomputer #computerfreeze #computerproblems
keywords: computers north vancouver, computers vancouver, computers burnaby, computers new west, computer troubleshooting, computer service, computer repair, what do i do when my computer freezes?, how to fix a frozen computer