DIY Web Design Mistakes
So you decided to go the DIY route with your website, but it's not getting much response. Here are some common mistakes website DIYers often make:
1. SEO - your page won't mean much if search engines can't find it. SEO takes quite a bit of time and strategy - everything down to the names of your images and placement of certain headings makes a difference!
2. Call to Action - your website may look great, but are users being directed to the goal of your website (where do they call you? where can they shop? how do they contact you?). Make this a KEY feature!
3. Mobile First - sure, your site looks great on the computer you designed it on. But did you check to see how it appears on a mobile device? This is important! Think about how often you search for things on your mobile device versus on your home computer.
4. Templates - templates look great BUT are they designed for your content or are you trying to make your content fit into the template? And if you change it, how does it affect the coding? Be sure that if you are using a template, it is the right one for your content and you aren't making any heavy modifications.
5. User friendliness - test your website out on your friends. Your website may be intuitive to you, but is it to the general public?
Need some help? We do that! To speak to us about all your web design needs come see us in-store at 1257 Marine Drive in North Vancouver or give us a call at 604-986-7680.