Is your website accessible? Here are some tips to make your site navigation easier for those with a variety of impairments:
- use high contrast colours between text and background
- use colour AND underlines to indicate a hyperlink for those with colour deficiencies
- use colourblind webpage filter tool to check how your site may appear to those with difference colour deficiencies
- design your menus to be navigated easily by keyboard
- use shapes (like a rectangle) to indicate a selected item
- use contextual hyperlinks (ex. instead of "click here" label the hyperlink "about us")
- make alternative content available (ex. closed captioned or described video)
- use alt text for images to help describe an image when it does not load properly (hot tip: this also boosts your SEO)
Still need a little help? We can do that!
To speak to us about all your web design needs come see us in-store at 1257 Marine Drive in North Vancouver or phone 604-986-7680.
For more information about us, our products and services visit our website at www.conceptcomputers.ca/website-design
Concept Web Design is part of the Concept Computers family.
#conceptwebdesign #webdesignnorthvancouver #webdesignvancouver #webdesignburnaby #webdesignnewwest #websitetraffic #increasewebsitetraffic #webdesigntrends2020 #webdesigntrends2021 #webdesigntrends #accesiblewebsite #websitesforeveryone
keywords: web design north vancouver, web design vancouver, web design burnaby, web design new west, how to increase website traffic, tips to increase website traffic, website trends 2021, how to increase your website accessibility, website accessibility tips, accessible website