Improving UX for your Website
UX - It's a term you may have heard when talking about websites. But what does it mean?
UX is one of, if not THE most important things to consider when building a website. It stands for User Experience and refers to how your online visitors interact with your website. The goal is to create the most seamless, intuitive experience your clients can get. That means, they come to a site with a question and can find the answers to this question with little to no effort.
Creating an optimal UX requires a lot of planning and forethought. There are a few things we suggest you consider when it comes to site design:
1. Put yourself in your client's shoes - ask the questions you think they will ask and make it easy to find those answers
2. Avoid technical jargon - use plain, everyday vocabulary that individuals with little to no experience with your product can understand
3. Test, test and retest - try your site out on various clients, machines and web browsers, get feedback and make improvements
4. Keep load time short - avoid using large media files that slow down your load time; anything over 2 seconds and you've likely lost a client
5. Try new things - make your site stand out! It doesn't have to be complicated. Start out small, like giving an option for user to switch from light mode to dark mode (this small act can increase the accessibility of your site).
Still need a little help with that? We can do that!
To speak to us about all your web design needs come see us in-store at 1257 Marine Drive in North Vancouver or phone 604-986-7680.
For more information about our web design services, visit www.conceptcomputers.ca/website-design.
Concept Web Design is part of the Concept Computers family.
keywords: web design north vancouver, web design vancouver, web design burnaby, web design new west, website tips, what is ux?, how to improve ux