Master of Your Domain
When building a website, once of the first and MOST IMPORTANT steps is to select your domain name. This is the address users would type or search to get to your website (for example, conceptcomputers.ca). There are a lot of things to consider when choosing your domain, because it will affect how well users can access your site and how searchable it is on search engines.
When crafting your domain, remember to:
1. Keep it simple - The shorter and easier to spell the better
2. Use .com when possible - This is the go-to extension that most people will type in. In fact, if you must use an alternate extension, we advise purchasing the .com domain and forwarding it to your address for those who inadvertently type it in
3. Stick to letters - Hyphens and numbers tend to confuse people (is it a hyphen or a slash? is the number written as a number or spelled out?)
4. Choose a general name that encompasses all the potential services you could offer - This will facilitate future growth for your business. For example, "conceptcomputers" can include any computer-related service, whereas "conceptcomputerrepair" limits the perceived services to repairs only
5. Make it memorable - Find something that makes your business stick out
6. Research for competition - Avoid domains that could easily be mistaken or mistyped for your competition's domain
7. Include keywords when possible - Always keep SEO in the back of your mind. Is there a word that is typically searched when looking for your product or service? Use it in your domain name!
These are a lot of things to try and integrate into a couple of words. We know it can be overwhelming! The good news is, Concept Computers staff are experts at helping your choose the best domain for your site.
To speak to us about all your web design needs come see us in-store at 1257 Marine Drive in North Vancouver or phone 604-986-7680.
For more information about our web design services, visit www.conceptcomputers.ca/website-design.
Concept Web Design is part of the Concept Computers family.
#conceptwebdesign #webdesignnorthvancouver #webdesignvancouver #webdesignburnaby #webdesignnewwest #domain #masterofyourdomain #domaintips #websitetips
keywords: web design north vancouver, web design vancouver, web design burnaby, web design new west, website tips, how to choose the best domain, website domain names